Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bye bye, CDO

I've been having an extremely awkward set of goodbyes with people in CDO, in which I say that I am coming back in the spring, thereby making it sound like we don't really need to say goodbye. This is possibly true, but I am not clarifying that I mean for, like, a month, not moving back here permanently. Oh well.

I took some kids from my dorm out for dinner last night. It was awkward, but mostly still fun. Then I spent $100 to buy a pig (lechon!) for my coworkers at lunch today. This was also awkward, as it turns out that lechon is really for birthdays. They all sang happy birthday and laughed at me (in a good natured way) and I didn't really have a chance to say thank you to everyone. Oh well again.

In summary: awkward, and tasty food. I am too lazy to write a real blog post, so here are some pictures of my coffee shop and the kids at my dorm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodbye is always awkward. Hard even to put feelings into words for -- not because they're so extreme, but because they're so complex and strange.

Then again, hello!!!! (soon)